Bandit-X.Net  
ID Password

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

XM-Spotlight 1.02 Beta2 Ideas.
Webmaster
From UsA - MiChIgAn
So A Couple Of People Are Currently Testing The 1.02 Beta2 Version. Well 2 people, not including myself.

So I Was Thinking.. What About Making The Module More Modular.. Like Plugins.. Make The News Spotlight A Plugin To XM-Spotlight..But Then I Was Thinking.. There Is Gonna Be A Problem With The Blocks. Since They Go In The Blocks Folder. And Their Templates Are Defined In The xoops_version file and the php file for the block and the functions to use when showing and editing it..

so i was thinking again.. now this is almost all theory.. (so i was using the 'wordpress me' module a couple of days ago.. trying to truncate text and stuff.. but that is not what im gettin at.. i saw that the block's template was handled differently there..and no template data in teh database.. its from a php file.. the php file for the block. and in the block's setting you could specify the name of a different template to use for the block).. so my theory is.. to have 3 types of blocks in xm-spotlight (3 being my favorite number and im just using it as an example). and each of them are cloneable. (keep in mind that i havent tested out cloned blocks in a while. and their database settings).. if the cloned blocks held their own data.. then the cloned block could be used to specify a template that you add later to the module.. and then wouldnt you also need to specify which plugin this block would use.. well yea.. also .. there would be an option in the block config for that..(that dropdown list would be generated from a list in the database . of installed plugins)

so here is the recap on how i think the module would be used
1. to. install new plugin.. (lets call it 'news')
so the news plugin would be in a folder called news. with a folder in it called templates and others.. (i dont know what others yet)
2. so drop the news folder in the xmspotlight/plugins folder
3. go in to the xmspotlight admin.. and install the plugin.. (it runs some fancy mysql commands (make the plugin work)
4. then u clone a block and specify the plugin. and settings and there will also be a dropdownlist for the templates to use.

** i dont know how the user will know which blocks go with what and how the plugins structure will work.. but it sounds like a GREAT IDEA

Posted on: 2006/9/28 19:57

Edited by Bandit-X on 2006/10/3 7:04:28
Edited by Bandit-X on 2006/10/3 7:04:49

Re: XM-Spotlight 1.02 Beta2 Ideas.
Webmaster
From UsA - MiChIgAn
this idea is kinda far out there.... not sure if i would even do it.

Posted on: 2006/10/3 7:08

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]